Jose Mourinho: Like me or not, I am the only one...


Jose Mourinho has achieved something no other manager ever has: winning titles in three of the top leagues (four if you include Portugal) in Europe. He won La Liga last season with current club Real Madrid, he won Serie A twice with Inter, the Premier League twice with Chelsea and the Portuguese Liga twice with Porto. On top of all that, he also won the Champions League with both Porto and Inter, among many other honors.
No matter how many times you see his list of achievements, it remains difficult to appreciate just how impressive all of that is. Thankfully, Jose Mourinho is here to simplify your path to praising him.

Speaking to Portuguese television channel SIC on Monday, Mourinho explained that as his managerial career has progressed, he has become less selfish and less focused on individual goals.

"Like me or not, I am the only one who won the world's three most important leagues. So, maybe instead of the 'Special One', people should start calling me the 'Only One',"

But if you think that sounds pompous and like the same old Jose Mourinho who referred to himself as "The Special One" when he arrived at Chelsea, you're wrong. According to Jose, he's way less selfish now.
"Things have been going well for me, thank God. I am focused on others much more these days. The pleasure of winning with Inter Milan was seeing a club which had not won for 50 years winning again.

"That is what entices me more and more, instead of pursuing individual goals.” He said.

The Real Madrid boss was nicknamed “The Special One” during his time in England after calling himself just that during a press conference following his switch from Porto to the Blues in 2004.

Real Madrid kick off the new campaign with a clash against Valencia this weekend.
Jose Mourinho: Like me or not, I am the only one... Jose Mourinho: Like me or not, I am the only one... Reviewed by instinct-mind on 3:09:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

What do you think

Powered by Blogger.